16 October 2013

Family Vision

When I first created this blog, I had no real vision or direction for it. Our family certainly didn't have a vision or direction either. Does yours? Probably not.

We have been a part of an amazing group of married couples/families for all of 2013. They have become an extended family to us. It's what many churches call a "life group" but we are fancy and call ours an "iGroup". Yep, we attend a very hip church! You don't have to attend a hip church to create a circle of friends with a similar ideal. True community enhances our family life yet has been long forgotten in our fast-paced society.

Several weeks ago, we began a new weekly session that takes us through how to create a family motto, vision and mission statement. We have these things in our workplace, schools and associations. Why not carry it into our homes? 

Habakkuk 2:2 states, "Write down the vision; write it clearly on tablets so whoever reads it can run to tell others."

I admit, the idea sounded a bit "hokey" at first; but the more we got into it, the more excitement it induced in my family. As my husband and I began writing down our desires for what we'd like our family to be, we kept coming back to the concept of "Be Weird". That reminded me of this blog that I created a few years ago. I have no idea where it'll take me or who it may touch.

As our leaders said last night, whatever you choose as your family's motto, you better be committed. Punky Brewster was my role model as a young child....need I say more?!? I'd say we are pretty committed. Our children love the concept, too. In some ways, we are already weird. I've always danced to the beat of a different drum. Now we are officially weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment